• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Acknowledgements

Charlie

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
Just started reading "All The Days of Our Lives" the new book by Annie Murray (since I'm in my sickbed)!
I've read a few of hers (all based in Birmingham) but in the acknowledgements of this one she lists the Birmingham History Forum and the Birmingham Heartlands Society?
Mind you - I expect they'll soon rename "Heartlands" in case it encourages people to eat fatty food and die.

How great that the Forum got a mention :) I wonder what information she got from it?
"Heartlands".... rename.....:D:D

Oh that sounds good I have read a couple of her book so must get this one. Hope you feel better soon Charlie..x

Hello - I've just stumbled on this thread - sorry not to reply before! I put an acknowledgement for the forum in the book as I had looked up a couple of bits and pieces and found it very helpful. I'm afraid now I'd be hard pushed to remember what they were (holes in the brain etc). The Forum is a fairly new discovery for me and I'm likely to use it again. If a general acknowledgement is Ok then I'll carry on doing that? There are so many details needed for a novel of this kind that listing them all would be a nightmare and tedious to read as well as I am a storyteller, not a historian. Anyway it's all very interesting and nice to 'hear' your accents down here in the chilly south. warm wishes,
Annie

ps The Heartlands Society should read Birmingham Heartlands Local History Society which meets in Nechells Green Community Centre

Hello Annie,

I am sure a general acknowledgement will be more than ok - I think we were all just thrilled to get a mention in your books. Now you have found us I hope you call in more often. :adoration:

How lovely of you to join us Ann I love your books. I am saving the one about the narrowboat girls for my holiday. Keep telling your stories.

Lovely of you to reply Annie, I so enjoy your books - and glad you found the Forum useful!
We, of course, love it!!

Blimey - do you guys all live on this site? How did you all reply so quickly?! Anyway thank you for your kind words and warm welcome - really nice. I was just speaking to my other little oracle who actually remembers the 1920s and comes from near Coventry - she's 90. I'm trying to write about the 1920s just now and it seems a very very long time ago!
All good wishes,
Annie

Blimey - do you guys all live on this site? How did you all reply so quickly?! Anyway thank you for your kind words and warm welcome - really nice. I was just speaking to my other little oracle who actually remembers the 1920s and comes from near Coventry - she's 90. I'm trying to write about the 1920s just now and it seems a very very long time ago!
All good wishes,
Annie

Don't forget to let us know when your new book is finished.

Hi Wendy - it depends what you mean by 'new.' There's one due out on March 1st!

Great sounds like a brilliant birthday present it's my birthday on March 7th. Can you give me the title and I will put it on my list.

Not sure I've quite got the hang of this. I'm trying to rep;y to Wendy but can't see her comment now. Probably doesn;t matter but anyway, hello G.G. Jean. Yes it does help to be able to see. Speaking as someone who can;t see well close up, far away or anything else, I should know!

Wendy the new book is called 'My Daughter, My Mother.' If you do ever want to keep track of what's coming out you can look on Amazon www.amazon.co.uk - the pub dates are always on it.

Just struggling with writing the next at present! All the best, Annie

Annie, I too love your books and do so wish you could wriggle your nose and churn out loads more :friendly_wink:

Thank you so much for writing them and for giving those of us who love to read them, so much pleasure.

And welcome to this lovely friendly forum :adoration:

Not sure I've quite got the hang of this. I'm trying to rep;y to Wendy but can't see her comment now. Probably doesn;t matter but anyway, hello G.G. Jean. Yes it does help to be able to see. Speaking as someone who can;t see well close up, far away or anything else, I should know!

Wendy the new book is called 'My Daughter, My Mother.' If you do ever want to keep track of what's coming out you can look on Amazon www.amazon.co.uk - the pub dates are always on it.
Just struggling with writing the next at present! All the best, Annie

Thanks for that Annie I will make a note and direct my hubby to Amazon. I can't wait! Hope you are ok and your post is fine thank you. Wendy x

Hi Annie, lovely to find you posting on this forum. I was just about to start a new thread about your books (which I have discovered in the last 12 months), so I did a search first and found this thread.

I've read quite a few of your books (am reading A Hopscotch Summer at the moment).
I loved Miss Purdy's Class (although annoyed with Daniel :uncomfortableness:)
I am looking forward to the new book and have it on my wish list.

Back