• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

A well deserved award to David Olusoga

“With a three-decade career spanning the creative arts and academia, the historian and broadcaster has been a trailblazer for the TV industry, leading the reappraisal of how history has been traditionally told through popular culture.”

The Guardian.

Totally agree Mike. As well as all his achievements and abilities listed in the link and Pedro's quote, he most importantly (to me personally) is his ability to engage people in history in a way not all historians are able to. And his enthusiasm always shines through.

Viv.

Last edited:
I always wanted him to do a House Through Time in Birmingham. He is my favourite historian, making history about the people who lived it. I love the way he uses family history research to bring our ancestors alive with such empathy.

I always wanted him to do a House Through Time in Birmingham. He is my favourite historian, making history about the people who lived it. I love the way he uses family history research to bring our ancestors alive with such empathy.
with a bit of luck he may yet do a house in brum...fingers crossed

lyn

• Appreciate
Reactions: cba
I like this presenter. He's very professional and impartial. I think I've watched all of 'a house through time', be great if he concentrated in a Birmingham property.

I'm sure most would agree, but there might be a problem in finding a suitable home of appropriate age that was still there after the ministrations of either Adolf or Manzoni and his acolytes

Surely there must be something. It would be a great programme. There never seems to be many historical programmes about Birmingham.

Peaky Blinders was a real treat, it raised interest in Birmingham history.

Back