• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

A WARTIME CHRISTMAS CHANNEL 5

The Christmas tree made of chicken wire seemed a good idea, I could see people doing that now in this age of recycling etc. I might even try it as a bird feeder!!
rosie.

A nice family and a programme well done....but to those of us who remember a wartime Christmas it makes you feel a bit like a relic in a museum, a curiosity being tittered about...... Which I suppose one is, really.

(I'll probably put the record straight - for my family at least - in the Christmas 2020 thread).

Chris

I enjoyed the programme and it bought back so many memories especially the handmade and painted wooden toys that we had - I kept a handmade wooden Micky Mouse for many years.the only thing I couldn’t recall were the instant gravy granules - I’m sure they appeared well after the war.

Back