• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

A Thrussell - sport caps?

I agree but if you look many of thefootball and rugby caps are very similar in style especially the 1920 ones. I still think it might be worth contacting the colleges and seeing if they can help or point in the right direction to find out.
The badge is the arms of King Edward VI. Could it be part of the King Edward's foundation schools, possibly the High School?

Addition to my earlier post. The cap could be a "Blue" awarded to an outstanding sports person. They were awarded for all sports but especially for Rugby and Cricket. At K.E.G.S. Camp Hill it was a blazer badge to be worn in place of the normal school badge. The design was very similar to the badge shown in post#1.

The only King Edward's badge I vaguely know is Camp Hill Boys which is all red.
You are quite correct and the majority of pupils had the red badge, my self included, however for those few "super sportsmen" the colourful alternative was not only a badge of pride but an incentive to others to be the rare recipient of such an honour.

Whilst the KE VI arms contain the Beaufort Arms, I do not believe it is the one on the cap. There are too many additions, such as motto and supports. There were many schools, in Britain, of which Edward VI gave his name, even if he did not found them.

Last edited:
That is one thing which worried me but then I found this: The badge for the Academy Trust which uses just the shield. I would think it might be worth sending the photo of the cap to the archivist and asking. Easy option as it is local - if it is not then we can search further afield. Up to our new member who posted the question - Phil311067

1583787190226.png

Back