• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

A 'snippet' of information

dontheturner

proper brummie kid
My Late Mother, Florence Stone, was aged 16 at the outset of WW1, and had trained as a Printing Machine Minder, and worked at the Typhoo Tea Factory, which was located in Needless Alley, - about where the Fish Restaurant now is. The Factory, may have been the first in the UK, to give all staff, a mid morning tea break.

Are you working out there Don......and dont tell me that you are on a lathe turning:D

Mau-reece

Well Mau. I was until a month ago, and suddenly had that feeling - I wanna go 'ome . So sold the lot, Mortisers, Pillar drillers, Dovetailer, loads of wood, and one Woodturning Lathe, two Bandsaws, and two smaller Automatic Micro Lathes - I was making Garden benches, Corner Cupboards, Coffeee tables, and loads of pens. Everybody loved 'em, but, nobody's got any cash. So, gave the big items to family, and bringing the pens home, for a boot sale?

Unless we can do a deal??? You into turning? regards Don

Back