• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

a poem off my daughter.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi all...i would like to share this lovely poem with you all...my daughter rachel wrote it for me.. she is a very keen writer and i dont know how she does it but the words just seem to trip off her tongue...hope you like it.... this bought a tear to my eye....thank you rachel..i love you too...

Angels are there to bring comfort to all,

To stand by you,
To help you stand tall

To receive an angel,
To be given the purest love,
Is to be sent to heaven on an angelic white dove,

To be cherished forever and give the world,
The angel brings life and a gift unheard,

This angel keeps you safe from strife and harm,
From the day we begin to the day we disarm,

she melts your heart and cleanses your soul,
shes there for you as you grow old,

This angel loves you and all that you have,
Through the thick and the thin,
Through the good and the bad,

She loves you forever till your breath doth fade,
She loves you forever,she loves you always.....xxx

lyn:)

Very good...an angel a day keeps the devil away...good luck with the poetry, Rachel!

david..rach will be chuffed to think you thought it nice enough to send it to chris...

lyn:):):)

hi all seeing the poem from astoness prompted me to recall a little poem i wrote myself some years ago, it came in a period of darkness when i thought little of myself.
i looked in the mirror and saw a sad,fat bald toothless,unemployeddisabled wreck and sat down and wrote the following

i have a heart,i have a soul but no one wants to know
i have a part i have a role but no one wants to know
the names i`m called maybe in fun still hurt me just the same
they get their laugh`s at my expense but to me it is no game

if they would listen to my breast they`d hear a heart that cries
and they would see so many tears if they looked behind my eyes

if they could see the muddled brain behind this furrowed brow
then maybe they would understand but no one wants to know

i am aman
i am a person
ihave a role
BUT NO ONE WANTS TO KNOW

COLIN

hi colin...those words obviously came from the heart....thank you for sharing your poem with us and i do hope that your darkness has now lifted....

astoness:):):)

Hey Colin, I wanted to know when I read this and it really is very good. Thank you and give my salute to your lovely city, I spent many hours there as a child and young man. Regards, David.

"LOVELY" Lyn. Can't explain!! how much I love my daughters, It hurts. I'm not much of a poet, but I put this on my baby's birthday card for yesterday,

Happy birthday our daughter Jane
When we made you we broke the mould
look at you now, more precious than Gold
When I gave you away, I must have been mad
"But sad I am not"
because you haven't forgot, "you know"
Mom and Dad, "Love you a Lot"
Gold is only metal, but you are our flesh and blood
To have a daughter like you!
Is quite simply, "A MUST"
She was only 30 years old yesterday. I must be going soft headed in my old age. Reg.

thank you graham and reg...it means even more to me since rachel got married and emigrated to america a few months back....reg of course you are not going soft in the head...i bet your jane loved those words and will always cherish them as you do her...

thanks for sharing them with us all...

lyn

Back