• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

A non playing DVD disc

Hughes

master brummie
My Dvd was not playing and I was going to dump it,as a last resort I did a Goolge search looking for tips
A answer came up wash it in plain washing up liquid.2 washes a rinse and drying and it plays as good
as new.I have even made a copy as stand by
I am going to look at some more which do not play very well
Live and Learn
JH

good tip, have seen cd/dvd that have de-laminated, the silver backing parting with the plastic surround, remember seeing tomorrows world when they first come out and they were going to be indistructable, but had to be made in a clinical environment, seems they may have got things a little wrong!

These things are far from indestructible. Like CDs they can fail from the slightest smudge in the wrong place. I also remember when they came out that people were saying the plastic would discolour and they'd all be useless within 5 years.

Back