• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

A New Sister

maggieuk

The Fairybrain of Brum
Hi All Just wanted to share my news:):)Today I had a phone call off my sister..nothing unusual there... but... I only found out about her yesterday..Cant believe the emotions over the last 24 hrs.She was adopted in 1950 and it is really lovely to find her:):)

Last edited:
thats wonderful maggie and i wish you all the happiness in the world with your sister in the future.

OMG Maggie! I can't imagine the emotions you must both be going through. I am thrilled for you both and wish you both much happiness!:)

Maggie....what a wonderful surprise to talk to your sister. Hope you can meet up soon. You must be in a "total whirl". Many many best wishes to you both.

Is that special I ask myself, It certainly is Gal:553::stare:

How wonderful for you Maggie, such great news. have a lovely time getting to know each other :)

Maggie, there will never be two like you. I was expecting a stern response for my last comment but it never came. Its wonderful news for you. When will you be able to meet her? and is she far away?

Maggie
You must be really happy. I'm so glad for you. As I've mentioned in another part of the forum, something similar happened to me just under two years ago, so i really do have some idea as to how you feel. Enjoy your feelings the next few weeks
mike

How lovely that you have found each other after all this time. I hope you have a lovely time getting to know each other. Very Best wishes to you both

Maggie, How wonderful to have discovered you now have a sister. It will be lovely getting to know each other; so much to talk about. Best Wishes. Anthea:)

Thanks everyone for the replies:):)we are going to meet one night this week:)it is lovely to know all my forum friends are pleased as well :):):)

A bit late on coming to this post, but great news for you both. I hope you'll each have loads of stuff to discuss.
Well done!:thumbsup:

david..i am even later than you...:rolleyes:

brillient maggie...its so nice to hear good news like this...

have a great meet up you two....:):):)

lyn....

Maggie! like everyone else I'm so pleased for you and I too can't imagine the emotions you must both be going through.

I met up with a cousin in Jan 09, here in NZ that I never relised existed until just before Christmas. We had lived in the same city for over 30 years a stones through away from each other, on our first meeting we spoke none stop for 5 hours with no one else around just us two.
Make sure have pleanty of tea at hand (Or what ever your fancy is) you'll need it I'm very sure of that...:)

Good luck to you both and your families :cool:

Chris/Pom

That is absolute magic, I wish I could go out and find a sister. You are in for some wonderful times I bet.

hi Maggie,
wonderful news, i am waiting for After Adoption to find my half sister that was adopted 64 years ago, did you have much trouble finding your sister.

last week i had one of my new found half brothers staying near me in his caravan for a week :) we all get on very well :) on the phone to each other every week.

Maggie. At last, some good news instead of all the miserable stuff. What a fantastic piece of news to hear. Im really thrilled for you. Dont forget to let us know how your first meeting went. Best of luck, Barry.

Back