• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

A New Sister

anthea

master brummie
Maggie, How wonderful to have discovered you now have a sister. It will be lovely getting to know each other; so much to talk about. Best Wishes. Anthea:)

maggieuk

The Fairybrain of Brum
Thanks everyone for the replies:):)we are going to meet one night this week:)it is lovely to know all my forum friends are pleased as well :):):)

davidfowler

Exiled Brummie
A bit late on coming to this post, but great news for you both. I hope you'll each have loads of stuff to discuss.
Well done!:thumbsup:

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
david..i am even later than you...:rolleyes:

brillient maggie...its so nice to hear good news like this...

have a great meet up you two....:):):)

lyn....

Pomgolian

Kiwi Brummie Admin' Team
Maggie! like everyone else I'm so pleased for you and I too can't imagine the emotions you must both be going through.

I met up with a cousin in Jan 09, here in NZ that I never relised existed until just before Christmas. We had lived in the same city for over 30 years a stones through away from each other, on our first meeting we spoke none stop for 5 hours with no one else around just us two.
Make sure have pleanty of tea at hand (Or what ever your fancy is) you'll need it I'm very sure of that...:)

Good luck to you both and your families :cool:

Chris/Pom

maggs

master brummie
That is absolute magic, I wish I could go out and find a sister. You are in for some wonderful times I bet.

frederick

master brummie
hi Maggie,
wonderful news, i am waiting for After Adoption to find my half sister that was adopted 64 years ago, did you have much trouble finding your sister.

last week i had one of my new found half brothers staying near me in his caravan for a week :) we all get on very well :) on the phone to each other every week.

BazzM

master brummie
Maggie. At last, some good news instead of all the miserable stuff. What a fantastic piece of news to hear. Im really thrilled for you. Dont forget to let us know how your first meeting went. Best of luck, Barry.

maggieuk

The Fairybrain of Brum
Thanks again everyone for the good wishes:)7.30 tomorrow eve we are meeting:2116:..so I am keeping everything crossed:)

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
best o luck maggie..although i am sure you wont need it....enjoy your reunion....ps...dont forget the tissues....:rolleyes:

lyn....:):):)

Mayfield

Burbury Brummie
Fantastic news Maggie. I am absolutely thrilled for you. Trouble is, Tom's got another sister in law to worry about now................ :D

OtherHalf

posher half
Fantastic news Maggie. I am absolutely thrilled for you. Trouble is, Tom's got another sister in law to worry about now................ :D
All I can Tell ya all before Maggie puts it on it was brilliant an ya aint far wrong Mabz:D:shocked:ps didnt need the tissues Lynn:D

maggieuk

The Fairybrain of Brum
Hi All:)Just want to say again Thank you all for your best wishes..well we met last night and talked non stop till 2 am this morning.tied up so many loose ends and really had a great time :) I now have a sister and a new friend.good luck to anyone still searching for family ..don't give up it is worth it