• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

A new home required.

I know Jean. Just because they are not wanted, I have always found that hard. I wish more people would have their dogs castrated, and there wasn't so many puppy farms. And people wouldn't just take on a pet on a whim, until it is no longer convenient. Different when someone becomes too old or infirm.

Ann

That's true Ann if only dogs were castrated. Our little dog has been done and our sons dog who was a street wise stray dog was done just after they adopted him before the fatal needle. He is gorgeous and spent most of the first two years of his life wondering round the streets while his so called owners did their own thing. He is now so faithful and his name is Max. Just patience and TLC. His best mate is the stray cat that was taken in by the next door neighbours. Somebody cut his tail half off and the vet said it had been hacked as it was not a clean cut. I love to watch them playing together. He chases every other cat off out of his garden. A common bond no doubt. Off to bed shortly. Jean.

Smudge is still in nead of a kind home as her owner is having to work away from home and is on her own all the time. Someone comes in to feed her but they have a large alsation so can't take her on. Let me know if anyone out there is interested. Jean.

Thanks Ann I just hope they don't take her to the RSPCA as was suggested. My fingers are crossed too. Jean.

Caz I sent you a PM as a reply. This is a success story for a little dog by the name of Raffi and Liz has told me to show him to you all. She kindly has given him a loving home. Isn't he a cutie?. Jean.

Thanks Chris have heard of another dog a beautiful German Shepherd through Jean Fishers daughter the only problem is he's at Tewksbury where Brad came from. He would suit an older person too as he is so quiet. Jean.

Hi everyone, we have just lost our poodle boy aged 15 years old. We miss him terribly!!
We would be interested in adopting a Cockapoo or simlar any leads?

Bob I will send you my friend Jeans number through a PM. Her son in law is a vet and as you can imagine has a never ending flow of dogs often when their owner passes away.:cry::cry: She had a small black bitch recently and still may have her named Smudge. So sorry about your boy it is hearbreaking Bob. Part of the family. Bye. Jean.

Last edited:
Good news on the little Black bitch Smudge. Her owner has now found a new job whereby she does not have to travel and stay overnight and will no longer be looking for a home for Smudge. The last thing she wanted to do was part with her but after her marriage broke down there was no one to care for Smudge when she worked away from home. Jean has other dogs on her list though. Bye. Jean.

Hi
Just to let you all know We have a new Cockapoo puppy called Ziggy (Stardust) some people say we should have called him Harry Burrows becuase his back legs are bowed. He's cute and well loved by me the bald handsome guy, wife Maxine and our daughter Lucy.

He's lovely bob I was thinking about you both the other day and wondered whether you managed to fit your two holiday in?. So pleased for you and of course Ziggy because he is not going to get spoilt is he?.:rolleyes::rolleyes:. Bye. Jean.

He is beautiful, Bob. Ready to give you years of fun and happiness, not to mention love and loyalty. XX

Re: Ziggy

Mossy, Di & Jean
He,s a rite little character, He has flooded the kitchen, given us a garden makeover and we need to renew our new carpet. he's also a member of the sheite bank, yes deposites all over the place. But we love him and Ziggy loves us!! Thanks for your posts.

Jean phoned me this evening and has two dogs that require a new home. One is a five year old Westie and the other she is going to find information on. All that she knows is the owner passed away. If anyone is interested please send me a message and I will pass on my friends phone number. Thanks. Jean.

Another little dog in nead of a loving new home. She is a lLassa Apsoo [sorry about the spelling] and has been in a foster home for five weeks and is going to be speyed early next week. If anyone is interested please send me a PM and I will forward my friends phone number. If anyone knows of a person with a dog who has not the means to have their cat or dog speyed or neutered please contact me regards that too. Kind regards. Jean.

Am pleased to say that Molly is soon to be re homed but there is a young male staffi in need of a good home. Jean.

Cazz they are gorgeous dogs but take an awful lot of grooming as their coats become very long. I am in touch with Jean and she will let me know if one turns up. Jean.

Urgent a home required for a beautiful German Shepard dog nine months old and fully inoculated. Unfortunately it is due to a marriage break up. He is black and tan and lives indoors. I will phone to find out further details. Please message me if you are interested. Pete would have been interested but we already have a dog who thinks he is a German Shepard. Jean.

jeanid love to take him but the cost to have him shipped ...to where i live ...would be a big problem..i had llapso apso very friendly dogs if socialized my dog bobby was one in a millionView attachment 65152he went missing after i move here in 2006 ...
attachment.php

Last edited:
I remember you telling me about your lovely Bobby. My first dog was Bobby and black too. I do hope a home is found shortly. The police dog handling section have not even acknowledged her messages and I thought he would have been the ideal age to take on?. I know you would give him a home Annie if it was possible.

Oscar the allsation has now been re homed but not with the person off the forum I would like him to have gone to. Jean.

My friend Jean this morning was handed two small Jack Russell bitches that were found on an industrial estate in Tipton. The vet said they are not micro chipped and she is contacting pet search in the hope that their owners may have reported them lost. If this does not transpire she will be looking for a good home for them and will foot the bill for inoculations and speying. Will keep you posted. Jean.

Jean has decided to re home the dogs separately as she has tried them apart and neither pined. They have had their first inoculation and are being speyed this coming Tuesday. Their second jab is in a weeks time and then they will be ready for their new homes. They both have lovely natures and are not yappy dogs. Fingers crossed. Jean.

I am pleased to inform you all that both dogs have loving homes. Jean had to have her own little dog put to sleep and she has decided to keep the older of the two dogs. I went round to see them both last week and the dog is so tiny and very timid. I am sure Jean will win her round?. jean.

Back