• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

a mental block

gingerjon

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN R.I.P.
I have not wrote any think for some time no words where there just scribbled pieces of paper so I came up with this to try and get the grey matter working again

Mental Block

My mind as run out of verse
Not a word, can it get worse
Scribbled papers lie on the floor
Not able to write any more
Roses are red and violets are green
Now this is wrong it would seem
Come on lets go, do not fear
I know I can put a few words here
This mental block as to be over come
Just a few rhymes then I have won
Roses are red and violets are blue
Thats better now I have a clue
Now this mental block as gone
I have a new poem for every one

John Houghton 2006

John, if that is a mental block for you, well...it's a super poem. All is well and your brain is just having a rest from conjuring up wonderful prose.

Congratulations John you have crack it :2funny: .MY mental block seems permanant for me at the moment,so I must try harder it also could help me coping with my Parkinson problem ,Thanks John there I have done something positive at last by replying to your poem .
By the way John I have left a reply for you on Beryl M poem " Your Never Alone" okay 
Reggie  :angel:

Back