• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

A Memory

Valerie Dunbar

master brummie
A Memory

Something calls to me
Then you are there
In my memory where
I have placed you far away

Something stirs me
You are back again
Once again the pain
The pain of parting

Always feeling that
I never said
What I had to say
To show I loved you

Always missing them
Those happy years
When you calmed my fears
How I adored you

Something happens
Then I see your smile
You're back with me awhile
For just a moment

Something stays with me
It always will
Will stay with me until
My memory fades away

Copyright Valerie Dunbar

Needs a tune

Val that would make a smashing song I feel? Great stuff very moving.

A Thank You

Thank you Rod for your kind words. I debated about putting this poem on the site as it did not seem to have a lot to do with Birmingham. On reflection of course It has much to do with brum.

I grew up in Aston, my mum struggled after my dad died but never once lost the values of love and togetherness. The poem is sad but at the same time is a fitting tribute to her. For all our family are proud of our roots, we had much to overcome, the fact that we did shows that we have much to love her for. xx

Rare

Absolutely superb Val,
You have a rare and beautiful talent.

Val

While this is indeed a forum for the history of Brum, there are sections like this that have a broader theme. So while its nice to have poems based on Brum, it's just as important to have poems written by Brummies, or people who care about Brum. Val A smashing poem

Back