• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

A Fascinating Website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting website - I looked there and found William Shenstone the poet - it said he had an estate near Halesowen - would the edge of it face Mucklow's Hill and now be a golf club - if it is the same golf club that I remember from the early 1950's then my aunt and uncle were the stewards for a few years - and we used to go on summer weekends to help out -
sometimes we would go to Mucklows Hill and sell ice-creams to people walking up the hill - my cousin and brother and me.
Sheri

Yes Sheri., His estate is now Leasowes Park and part of the Golf Club. William Shenstone's house is niow the club house.
Dudley Council have already done a lot of work restoring Leasowes Park to the original William Shenstone plan and it looks great.

Charlie, Thanks I thought it had to be the same place - not likely to be two golf clubs in same area - had some happy times there especially Christmas Day which was the only day of the year it was closed when the whole of my family gathered there - of course I was a child but can remember waking up the next day to find bodies sleeping where they could. I'm glad its been restored because it was a beautiful building then.
Sheri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back