• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

A day at Blists Hill Victorian Village

Mayfield

Burbury Brummie
I had a great day at the Victorian Village at Blists Hill. Although the entrance fee was rather high it was well worth the visit and I highly recommend it to those without limited mobility.

Everyone in period costume. I really enjoyed the Victorian pub (only for the architecture I hasten to add). There was a couple singing old songs on the piano.

Mabz:)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9WrqRRmMzM"]YouTube - Blists Hill victorian village; Coalport;The Iron Bridge Pt 1[/ame]

Last edited:
Keith is that the place that was on that fantastic programme on tv?. Think it was called a Victorian kitchen. Bye. Jean.

Glad you had a good day Mabz the trouble with a lot of these places are the cost of enrtance which tends to put people off which is a shame as so many familys miss out:)

thanks for that mabz...our kids been twice this year...i like the look of the pub...looks like quite a knees up was going on there...:d:d will pay a visit asap...

Lyn:):)

Back