• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Book Gutenberg Library: A company of tanks by W H Lowe

Thanks for this, Mike.

I couldn't get the book to download to my Kindle but I notice it's cheap as chips on ebooks so I'll pick it up from there.

There is a programme called Calibre, free to download, that will convert most formats to Kindle Fire. You may be able to use that. Not the easiest to use but ok with a bit of experimenting.

Calibre will also enable you to read other formats , like e-Pub etc . I usually save any interesting-looking gutenberg books asb e-pubs , and then read on my laptop using Calibre.

I'm reading a great book at the moment, (kindle), called "Diary of an Old Contemptible". I recommend it.
The book is edited from the writings of a soldier in the East Lancs regt.
I usually read books about the Western Front but this one dwells mainly on Mesopotamia which the writer, who was also in France, maintains was worse than Ypres.
The Warwicks get a few mentions too, 9 Battalion.

Back