• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

A Brave New World

B

Beryl M

I think it is wonderful Graham you have accomplished more than most than some people have in a lifetime - so I do understand why you feel the way you do – From now on everything is a bonus…

Just been reading ‘Brave New World’ by Aldous Huxley – concerned with the state of Western civilization –
It seems quite appropriate at the moment having read what they've recently done with human embryos...we can only watch and wait… it's a case of Sci-fict becoming Sci-fact. Let’s hope it doesn't become a horror story...

The Brave New World

Boca Raton -that’s where it all began a discovery that would lead to silicon heaven – hell for man. The new dark satanic mills cold and sterile, windowless barns surrounded by hills - supplying the world with high-tech- communication pills. - Two twice a day for the rest of your life, the computer widow is now your robot wife. It’s highly pleasing all the same - to think that it started with that electronic tennis game. Big brother is now on line at www.watching you all the time. Once you’re on line you can’t log off. Don’t worry about that cough - we can splice the human genome something that was impossible to do in Huxley’s time. Just sit back and relax, make way for the genetically engineered crime.

If this is what we will be leaving behind – I won’t miss it….

Last edited by a moderator:
Back