• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

A Book Called seeing birmingham by tram

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
Hi tram buffs
For tram buffs if you have not got may I recomend it to you ,the book is called seeing brum by tram it covers every tram in brum and there tracks
With. Racking pictures of almost every track layed around brum from one end to another
And jam packed with pictures of virtually every well known sights and pubs with habit of history added to every picture and track
There is one picture of the number 5 tram crossing the lozells road through to Victoria road and there is a police man on point duty
Wearing what I now know as is summer wear, a white coat and what I never knew was once before calling six ways Aston
Was once known many years before as Akinsons corner by the locals a reference to a highly successful chemist on the corner
Known as J,W ,Atkinson, M,R,S, Cash chemist these pictures are clear as a bell
Best wishes Astonian,,,,,,

Back