• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

A bit of history I suppose

You’d have to get rid of that telly Lyn - totally out of place ! The first photo looks almost like a painting for a puzzle. A challenge with all those florals. Viv.

The last time I saw something similar was when I purchased some furniture online and went to collect it from the home of an elderly lady who had passed away and her son was clearing the house. That may not be the case here but if it is I think it’s quite sad that someone’s personal possessions should be put on show for the world to see after they’ve gone.

The last time I saw something similar was when I purchased some furniture online and went to collect it from the home of an elderly lady who had passed away and her son was clearing the house. That may not be the case here but if it is I think it’s quite sad that someone’s personal possessions should be put on show for the world to see after they’ve gone.
Yes, in a way. However we may dislike the decor, it was "home" to someone, and they decorated it as they saw fit. It worked for them, even if for no one else.

Back