• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

A Birmingham Christmas Wish List

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best memories were of the Firebird in Carrs Lane and to bring that back would be top of my Brum Christmas List. Second on the List would be the Burbary clay pit with its newts and me 70 odd years younger! :)

Oh, and when I'd cleaned myself up and added a few years, lunch in the original Wimpy at the top of Snow hill!

Maurice

Last edited:
I would love to see the old oasis store back how it was in the seventies and eighties also the original big co-op what used to be in town, that was the first time I ever saw a Sony Walkman, they had the launch in there, I remember asking how much they were and just thinking who could ever afford one of those :rolleyes:

I would love to see the old oasis store back how it was in the seventies and eighties also the original big co-op what used to be in town, that was the first time I ever saw a Sony Walkman, they had the launch in there, I remember asking how much they were and just thinking who could ever afford one of those :rolleyes:
Yeah those Sony’s were big bucks. I don’t remember anyone having a real one , just Argos ripoffs etc. When the Sony shop opened in Walsall in 82 we used to go in just to LOOK at them knowing that none of us would ever be able to afford one. They may have been about £90 at that time. Come to think of it, none of us could even afford the high end Sony blank cassettes that were supposedly mate from some kind of metal.

To have another Christmas dinner with everyone there.

On a lighter note that would give my wife chance to use the family silver again along with the crystal glass and the good china.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back