• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

A B row Aston-Birmingham

These photo's were on here before but have not seen them lately. Anyway one shows the plaque but am not able to determine which corner house it is. One picture shows the opposite side of Coleshill St. or whatever it is. I think the plaque must be on the east corner of Princess St., that seems to be where the boundary line is. Actually. if you follow the boundary line, it seems to meander all over the place and suggest that it follows leats and tailraces of old mills; and rivers. I think that was the procedure. Maybe more permanent markers than anything else. Sad to see it all wiped clean is it not. Just old worn out buildings but they anchored our lives for many years. Now just the plaque remaining and the little girls would be about 88 now.

I think the caption in the first photograph is wrong. There were separate markets at Gosta Green and here on this triangle. The Gosta Green market lasted until the late 19th-century but this building ceased to serve as a market hall many years before [mid-to-late 1850s].

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to www.midlandspubs.co.uk was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

this what i get,why?

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to www.midlandspubs.co.uk was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

this what i get,why?
Secure Connection Failed

this what i get,why?
You may have clicked on just when I was uploading it again due to a typo I had spotted. Sorry about that.

A B Row doesn't exist any more. Last year saw a car park on the Eastside Locks land, that still hasn't been built on.

Don't really take photos much of this corner any more, or not recently when nothing has changed here. Also not got much reason to go this way since my work moved from the Science Park into the City Core last autumn.

A B Row doesn't exist any more. Last year saw a car park on the Eastside Locks land, that still hasn't been built on.

Don't really take photos much of this corner any more, or not recently when nothing has changed here. Also not got much reason to go this way since my work moved from the Science Park into the City Core last autumn.
Thank you all so much for the wonderful pics in this thread. the pic opposite the Black Horse,

I took a photograph of the old sign in 2002. I notice that these old Brum street signs appear on e-bay for a couple of hundred quid a time!

View attachment 141792
Thank you all for the wonderful pics in this thread. They bring back so many memories from childhood. The pic opposite the Black Horse , Prospect Row is wonderful. I have searched for what seems forever for this scene. Tom Waters the Mens Tailors, where my dad got a suit from (the car parked outside). Taylors the sweet shop, I can still see the white and pink iced mice in the window and an entrance to where my friend Pat Crowe and her family lived. Hughes the fish and chip shop just out of view. You have made me very happy and I thank you all. Kind regards

Does anyone know where the AB Stone is now? Gabriel and Co had it from 1996, but it (or a new version) was on site from 2011 at least, going by this link:
So where is it now?

Many thanks,

Ben

Back