• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

87 Lower Essex Street

Ron Rogers

master brummie
Could someone look up 87 Lower Essex street in the electol roll and find out who lived at this address till about 1960.

I think it may be Richard and Annie Rogers ?

also did Francis Lacy (Lacey) and Ada louisa Lacy (nee Rogers) still live at this address or did they move?

Thank you

Ron

ladylinda

master brummie
Annie and Richard Rogers were listed there until 1930,together with Florence May and Walter Burridge.
1935-1939 it was the Fox and Bennett families before the Steel and Askey families moved there c1945.
1950-1955 it was Ethel M Steel and Ethel D and Leonard D Cash.
Francis and Ada louisa Lacey lived at 40 Cope Street in 1920-1950.
In 1930 there was a Samuel Luckman living at the same address.
Francis was last listed there in 1945.
In 1950 there was a Lilian M and Joseph R Williams living at the same address with Ada.

Ron Rogers

master brummie
Morning (Aust Time) Ladylinda,

Thanks for the info it gets me a bit further to solving the mysteries of my family tree

regards

Ron

Ron Rogers

master brummie
Sorry Ladylinda,

could I ask another request ...Is it possible to find out where Richard and Annie moved to after 1930?

Again many thanks for help

regards

Ron

ladylinda

master brummie
1935 at 70 Angelina Street
Richard Rogers,Annie Elizabeth Rogers,Walter Burridge and Florence May Burridge.
1939 70 Angelina Street
Richard Rogers,Annie Elizabeth Rogers
Oddly enough the previous occupiers of the above address were the Fox family!
By 1945 Annie E Rogers had moved to 25 Sleaford Road with Walter and Florence Burridge.
Marriages Sep 1927
Walter J Burridge married Florence M Rogers Birmingham S. 6d 44

Last edited:

pjmburns

master brummie
I know this is an old post but Walter J Burridge is on my family tree. He was the nephew of my Grandmother.
Janice