• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

5 Hampton Terrace, Birmingham

May I ask if there were any more details? - I can't find it listed in Kelly's so assume it was just a terrace of houses on a road.
Or perhaps a person's name.

Last edited:
Found it on a later e roll - there is/was a Hampton Terrace on Kenyon Street.
This is a 1950s map and on the e roll Hampton Terrace is listed between 15 and 16 Kenyon Street. I wonder if it actually the houses numbered 1/15 to 7/15 on this map as there are 7 properties listed. In 1925 number 5 Hampton Terrace on Kenyon Street has Charlotte Bradley and James Callow listed - this might help tell you if I have the right place.
1623422170007.png

Earlier maps are not such a good scale and have no numbering This 1920s map is less clear.
1623422245822.png

Last edited:
  • Appreciate
Reactions: AMW
Dear Janice

Thank you so much for that. That is really helpful. Where did you find the 1925 map as that numbering system is really useful. Thanks again Janice :)

The numbering is on a 1950s map - in 1925 maps there would have been no numbers. The problem is some roads got re-numbered so you have to be careful.
I use - you can subscribe for greater magnification amongst other things but you can use a certain amount free. Put in a modern postcode and then select from the dated maps on the left.

Last edited:
  • Appreciate
Reactions: AMW
Thanks Janice. I will look into that. I really do get in a muddle with this Family History and knowing all the free resources you can use.

Back