• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

42 Mount Street, Birmingham

FamilyUnite

proper brummie kid
Hi all, my great grandfather William Norcott lived 42 Mount Street from around his marriage in 1914 to his death in 1946, and then his daughter (my nan) lived there until trading properties around 1952 to live in Back of 12, Nechells Park Road.

I have walked around mount street and I believe the house no longer exists. I was wondering if anyone knows about the area, or how people lived there (William was a window cleaner for the end of his life, but he did have a range of jobs).

Also if I could find out about the house - how many rooms it had etc

(I saw some previous posts about Mount Street Nechells, with pictures, but unfortunately, I can't see any pictures.)

Family Unite,

This site was hacked around ten years ago and all the pictures were lost. Some have been replaced by the original posters, but other posters have left or passed on. Hence why you can't see some of them. Sadly there's nothing that can be done about that.

Maurice :cool:

Family Unite,

This site was hacked around ten years ago and all the pictures were lost. Some have been replaced by the original posters, but other posters have left or passed on. Hence why you can't see some of them. Sadly there's nothing that can be done about that.

Maurice :cool:

Thank you,

10 years ago I hadn’t long left school lol (where has the time gone) hopefully someone remaining will know something of the area

The electoral roll lists William Norcott as at 41 Mount St. that is shown in red on the c1950 map below

map c1950 showing 41 mount st.jpg

Back