• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
Hi. Does anyone have any old photos with 37-38 Albion St, Jewellery Quarter, in them, which show the buildings how they looked before they were modified and rendered?

Old drawings of these buildings would also be great to see!

This photo is how they currently look, following removal of the render which was over no38.IMG_6566---Small.jpg

There is a ghost sign on the side. I can only read nickel platers at the bottom.
Hi. Does anyone have any old photos with 37-38 Albion St, Jewellery Quarter, in them, which show the buildings how they looked before they were modified and rendered?

Old drawings of these buildings would also be great to see!

This photo is how they currently look, following removal of the render which was over no38.View attachment 185179

2009 street view which makes the ghost sign readable..i would think how the building looks now without the rendering on it would be pretty much how it has always looked...nice to see the orginal brickwork

I'm particularly interested to see how the 1st floor looked when the buildings were originally built, as the 1st floor windows appear to be have been replaced in new shaped openings sometime mid C20 as they do not have a Victorian design like the ground floor.

Back