• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

31 and 80 Cox St West, Balsall Heath 1881- 1911

KDK

Hi all,

My great grandfather, George Lewis is shown as living at both number 31 (1881 and 1891) and number 80 Cox Street West (1901 and 1911) and my grandfather, Reginald John Lewis, was born in no 31 in 1891

Just wondering if anyone happens to have any photos of either house, before they were demolished?

Many thanks!

Think this showing 37 (Brass Works) right towards 31 Cox St West from the Birmingham Forum
also map
E-mail 16. Cox st west.west side.jpg37-31 Cox Street West.JPG

From an advert for March 1911, might be of some inteest35-37 cox st west 1911.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you both SO much for such incredibly quick responses, and with pictures - albeit, rather sad ones! Hopefully in their day they were a lot more desirable! My great Grandfather was the Dairymand you mention in the other thread Mikejee, coming from generations of farmers around Stoke Edith. Goodness only knows where his cattle were at this time!

Back