• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

2nd Worcesters 1914

theodore

master brummie
Researching the men of the 2nd Battalion Worcestershire Regiment who went to France/Belgium August/November 1914 (Old Contemptibles). Did you have a family member who served with the Battalion at this time? Any details, letters, diary entries, newspaper reports or photographs of these men would be most welcome.

Regards

Peter

Amanda, Your Grt/Uncles details from the Worcestershire Regiment. Len. MM. + Bar Matthews W. 10512 L/Cpl. 01/09/1916

My Gt Uncle William Matthews MM and Bar was at Gheluvelt in 2nd Worcesters
Amanda

My Gt Grandfather Alfred Patrick Poulston was killed at Gheluvelt 31st October 1914 serving in 1st Battalion Gloucestershire Regiment.

I have a 1914-15 Star for 15593 Percy Richard Edkins of 10th Battalion Worcestershire Regiment KIA 30th July 1916, if there are any relatives still alive they would be most welcome to it.

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback to my posting. Amanda you sent me a photograph of your great uncle a while back (again many thanks).

Regards

Peter

Back