• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

2nd Jan 1941 Bombing of White Street Sparkbrook

B

Brian Coney

My Grandmother lived in White Street at the begining of the war. Her house was completely destroyed during the blitz. I do not know the date, but have found details of the bombing of Alfred Rd, about 2 streets away on 2nd Jan 1941 and presume White Street was destroyed at the same time. Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone know if there are details of what areas were destroyed in what raids?
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Bombing of Sparkbrook

My auntie, Florence Inchly, was in her cellar during the Alfred Road bombing and was, so I was told, trapped for nearly two weeks.

THe Blitz

I don't think we have a clue as to what they went through. My Nan was lucky in that She and Grandad were at the cinema (or so family knowledge tells us) and no one else was in the house. However, everything was destroyed. No papers or personal possessions left. I've known the story for years, but until the last of that generation died, didn't think to ask for the details!!Now I am trying to discover the family history
Thanks for sharing your information

Back