• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

28th London Regiment photo

windigo

proper brummie kid
I've been slowly going through photos of my grandfather and great uncle's -WW1. They were, at some time, both in the 28th London Regiment (Artists Rifles). I'm not sure how large the photos will come out here but I have larger photos on my computer if anyone would like a copy!

This one shows a group of men (not sure when) posing with a "Snow-lion"! I've marked where my great uncle Norman Goodall and grandfather G C Emerson are - I wonder if anyone will recognise any of their family?!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/windi/28thLondon.jpg

Just looked at the photo you posted, what a wonderfull snap shot from the past. Although these guys had terrible conditions on the front it shows they did have time for more pleasureable activities, maybee it was before they saw the horrors of war.
I find WW1 photos very intresting and wish i had more of a snap shot into my own grandfathers history during that time.
Adele

Super photo, its so good see a photo of WW1 Soldiers looking smart & dry instead of the dirty muddy condition the got from the trench war conditions. Len.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your comments - I couldn't agree more - it's good to see those brave people having a bit of "fun" isn't it!

Wendy :)

Back