• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

253 Herbert Road

Map below is from 1913 (there are no numbers). The 1950 map has numbers but the odd houses after 231 (below Parliament St) are gone. The last odd number is 231 on the north corner of Herbert Road and Parliament St.

I've marked 231 with a green dot and marked what I think is 253 with a pink dot...

0 - Herbert Road.jpg

Hi, welcome to the forum. On the maps attached, the 1950s shows house numbers but there is not a number 253.
The older map around 1900 looks very similar, it could be that the houses were renumbered.
As far as I am aware the 1950s map is the only one showing house numbers.

Attachments

• herbert road.jpg
    herbert road.jpg
    979.7 KB · Views: 7
Map below is from 1913 (there are no numbers). The 1950 map has numbers but the odd houses after 231 (below Parliament St) are gone. The last odd number is 231 on the north corner of Herbert Road and Parliament St.

I've marked 231 with a green dot and marked what I think is 253 with a pink dot...

View attachment 167775
Thank you so much. 253 Herbert Road is listed as my great grandad’s residence at the time of his marriage when he was 18 years old and my great grandmother was 19

If you need anymore, just ask there are lots of helpful and knowledgeable members.

Back