• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

2166 Coventry Road Sheldon

I may have given the impression that there weren't any shops before the precinct was re-built,
that is not strictly correct.

There was a row of shops before the re-development but they were on the same alignment
as numbers 2166/2168 etc, they were cleared in order to create the parking area you have today.

I do know the family who lived above the greengrocers it wasn't the Adams family!
Another interesting reply. Thanks Ann

I can't help laughing about the line above tho :blush:

1648205778338.png
It is a pity I can't trace the real Adams family (1 'd') as they might have some pics of my car :(

Hi folks.

Can anyone tell me if there were residential addresses here? (in the 80s perhaps)

I'm trying to locate someone who owned an old car I own and in amongst the paperwork I have a letter addressed to

Mr R Adams
2166 Coventry Road
Sheldon
Birmingham 26

I wrote to the address many years ago but drew a blank. It was only looking on Google Maps now that I see that's exactly where all the shops are :confused:

Did Mr Adams perhaps have a small shop there or were there flats above the shops?

View attachment 168509
Dear Sir
My family owned the business operating from 2168 Coventry Road Sheldon, H G Turner Ltd Corn and Seed Merchants.
The Mr Adams you are enquiring about owned F J Saunders Jewellers he was known to me as Bob Adams and retired to a farm near Knowle he now runs a classic car business trading as Bob's Affordable Classics.

Dear Sir
My family owned the business operating from 2168 Coventry Road Sheldon, H G Turner Ltd Corn and Seed Merchants.
The Mr Adams you are enquiring about owned F J Saunders Jewellers he was known to me as Bob Adams and retired to a farm near Knowle he now runs a classic car business trading as Bob's Affordable Classics.

Wow.

I'm gobsmacked by this :oops:o_O:D

Not sure if I mentioned above but I was very very close to contacting a previous owner (who had pictures of classic cars on his facebook page) and after years of trying I managed to get a contact who told me he'd left the UK hat week to live abroad and all his stuff was thrown out :worried:

Anyway. I guess the first thing I should do is Google Bob's Affordable Classics :)

Many thanks for this info Horatio

Dear Sir
As a child I was a neighbour to Frank Sanders, in fact we went to junior school together (late 1940's). Lost touch after about 1970 when he sold shop and I think moved to Cornwall.

My brother bought a pocket watch from Saunders for use in his school exams around 1964/5
and believe it or not it still works.

This is slightly unbelievable but I just phoned Bob's Affordable Classics and a very nice lady answered.

I asked to speak to Bob and she said he passed away last week :(

So, after decades of searching, and nearly making contact with previous owners twice this year have been too late again.

She has however taken my email address and is going to ask her brother if he has any info on the car.

Seems like an inappropriate time for me to be asking about an old car but she seemed ok about it

Back