• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

21 fenshaw/fanshaw street

Ron Rogers

master brummie
I am trying to trace a cousin William Richard Rogers bn Aug 1905 ( not sure where ) His parents were Richard and Mary . they lived at 21 Fenshaw/Fanshaw street (I dont know where it is)
could someone look up the address and let me know who lived there and where it is (ie Town ,city ect)

Many thanks

Ron

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
William Richard Rogers born 1905 Stourbridge by 1911 living Lower Essex Street birmingham.
Father Richard but mother Annie.
living with them is Francis Lacy and his wife Ada Louisa.
The 2 couples got married at the same time in Stourbridge 1903
Richard Rogers to Annie Pearce
Francis Lacy to Ada Louisa Rogers.

Last edited:

smtr

master brummie
Hi Ron

There is another birth in 1905 Shoreditch, London for a William Richard Rogers.
He was born 4th August and baptised 23rd August at Hoxton St John, Hackney Parents Richard & Mary Rogers, 21 Fanshaw Street (I believe this is in Shoreditch). Father's occupation is Traveller.

Suzanne

Ron Rogers

master brummie
Evening Alberta,

Thanks for the promt reply,
Did your information have an occupation for Richard and/or Fancis and
was there any other siblings for either couple?

thanks

Ron

Ron Rogers

master brummie
Evening Suzanne,

Thanks for the prompt reply,
As always with families they add to the confusion . was there any other siblings with this family?

Regards

Ron

smtr

master brummie
Hi Ron

I couldn't find them in the 1911 so have no info regarding other siblings. The details for William were taken from Ancestry where the baptism has been recorded.

Regards
Suzanne

bewdley

master brummie
Hi Ron

There is a William Rogers aged 5 patient at – looks like – Grool Hospital, MAB Hospital for Infectious Diseases, Tooting Grove, REG district Wandsworth on FMP 1911 census and also a Mary Rogers, patient aged 2.

bewdley

Ron Rogers

master brummie
Hi Alberta,

Is it possible for you to follow up onRichard and Annie in the electrol rolls to see if they stayed at this address ,who may have also lived at the address

Regards

Ron