• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

2020 BHF NEW YEAR MEET UP

I have held off from posting here waiting on all the pictures.

First thank you Lyn with out your work 2020 would not start off so well.
Let me assure you I was there just like a Brummie girl who is trying not to get her bum burnt right now, or guy dodging earthquakes in the Med, and a man in Colorado who thought about making the trip on a bike and Richard who wanted to bring a real adult beverage.
Lyn we may not appear in the pictures but every one on the forum was there celebrating the new year with our friends.
Looking forward to learning more having a chuckle here and there, and enjoying the history of Birmingham..

Last edited:
I have held off from posting here waiting on all the pictures.

First thank you Lyn with out your work 2020 would not start off so well.
Let me assure you I was there just like a Brummie girl who is trying not to get her bum burnt right now, or guy dodging earthquakes in the Med, and a man in Colorado who thought about making the trip on a bike and Richard who wanted to bring a real adult beverage.
Lyn we may not appear in the pictures but every one on the forum was there celebrating the new year with our friends.
Looking forward to learning more having a chuckle here and there, and enjoying the history of Birmingham..

thank you richard at least you now know what a few of us look like :rolleyes: :D
think i read that you and the wife are plannng a trip back to the uk in the spring...if that trip includes visiting birmingham keep us informed of the dates as it it may just line up with our next forum meet up (date to be decided) which you maybe able to attend:)

lyn

There's such a lot going on at these meet-ups with everyone trying to talk to everyone else and once the raffle starts its everyone for themselves. Lyn does a brilliant job. Each time I go I think I'll get myself organised and take more pictures but this time I didn't - too busy gassing! Well done to those who did though.

There's such a lot going on at these meet-ups with everyone trying to talk to everyone else and once the raffle starts its everyone for themselves. Lyn does a brilliant job. Each time I go I think I'll get myself organised and take more pictures but this time I didn't - too busy gassing! Well done to those who did though.

this is true pen...this time i had even less time to chat to people as i had little james with me...mind you i have to say he was golden and loved meeting nannies friends in what he now calls nannies pub :grinning: :D ps next week he gets his first belt in martial arts...think its the yellow one...

lyn

Lyn, He was absolutely charming and confident, speaking to everyone and joining in with the raffle etc.
The whole thing went too quickly for us but we were off out on the night. I'll make sure we stay till the end next time.

pen i sometimes have to remember that james is only 3 and a half....sometimes he talks more sense than i do...which is not difficult lol...hope you enjoyed the night out..my latest chances glass piece is now on the fire surround...looks lovely x

Back