• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

1st ww hospital records..birmingham

There were casualty lists in the Times newspaper which listed wounded troops (up to 1916) on their return to England, don't know how complete they would have been, my grandfather was listed when he returned wounded.
Check The Long, Long Trail website for more information.
Perhaps put some more details up and was it really your "cousin"

Colin

christy, There's not much chance his actual records would exist today, although there may be references somewhere.
I've looked for any information on Patrick based on facts you have given on other posts on the forum, and can find no trace of a Patrick Sharkey that could be him, the two Patrick Sharkey I can find, both born Belfast and served in Royal Irish Rifles one died of wounds 1915, and the other killed in action 1914.
Dudley Road Hospital became Southern General Hospital (my site) in May 1917 so possibly he was injured after that date.

Colin

Over 60% of WW1 records were destroyed during an air raid in WW2, so you would be lucky to find anything.
Ancestry has all available (burnt records) Service and Pension records on line, but if you're still looking for Patrick (as above) I couldn't find anything last time.

Colin

There are a number of Patrick Sharkeys in the records on Ancestry so do you have a DOB, or a regiment to help the check? The more info the better.
Janice

Back