• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hobro

loisand

master brummie
Has anybody any access to a 1955 public house/hotel directory to do a lookup on a potential licensse. The name I am looking for is either Elizabeth Glayds Hobro or Percy Tissot Hobro, this is a long chance enquiry, I know that Elizabeth Gladys Hobro, nee Burrows, nee Jones was in the pub trade along with her first husband Robert Burrows, she took over the license in 1954 when her first husband died, she then remarried Percy Hobro. Any help would be gratefully received, thankyou :)

cant help about the pub, but in 1955 marie and percy hobro were living st. johns rd. sparkhill

There is no Hobro listed in the 1956 Kellys. you don't actually say, but are we talking about Birmingham, or birmingham plus surrounding area
Mike

Thankyou Shera....I can only assume that that is a child of Percy, because in 1955, December, he married Elizabeth Gladys Burrows, it dosen't by any chance give an age please.
Thankyou mikejee....I am assuming that it would be pubs in Birmingham, as that is where Elizabeth and her previous husband ran all the pubs, so I can assume that they never carried on in the pub trade, will pop into Birmingham and get the marriage certificate, thankyou both for the help.

There's a Wm. Fredk. Jules Hobro, at 353, Wake Green Road in Kelly's 1949.

Colin

Shera....St Johns Road, Sparkhill looks like it is Percy and his mother Marie, so his father had died by then
Colin....in the kellys of 1949 did it give an occupation/trade etc for William Frederick Jules Hobro....this would be a brother of Percy because Jules is the paternal grandfather
Mike Fisher...I cannot believe what you found there, to think that they lived so close to my mother, who is related to Elizabeth Gladys Hobro, nee Burrows/Jones, and she didn't even know, it's a shame that I started this family tree to late to trace her.....still at least I hope they were happy!!!

Loisand
Frederick stays at wake green road till at least 1973 (last Kellys) . In 1949 there is a Percy Hobrow who i thought might be a missprint at 57 Wenseydale road, He disappears in 1950m, but appears again in 1956 and carries on with others of his family
mike so that must be the correct spelling

Back