• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

1941 Air crash on or near Tyburn Road

Hi

Sorry to be a nuisance but could you give me the RAFVR site addy please. I am looking for some of the crew members of my cousins plane that crashed in WW2. Thanks

Dyan

Last edited:
I don't know if the query that started this thread got answered , but I remember (very clearly) a Harvard trainer taking off from Castle Bromwich and just after it passed over our house , it nosedived straight into the front yard of Parkinson's Stoves . I cannot remember if it was early or late war .
I also remember a barrage balloon coming rolling past the bottom of our garden at about 250 feet , winding its cable round itself and making an undescribable noise but that was widely separated in time from the aircraft crash .
I do not believe that there ever was a crash on the Tyburn Road , we lived near to it and Castle Bromwich and would have surely known about it .
The crash in Parkinson's must have been after the blitz , because I remember Parkinson's in flames after being bombed , and the plane crashed into a freshly concreted yard .

Back