• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

1930`s Motorcycle clubs

Paul D

master brummie
Hi, i recently aquired an old 1935 Midland centre Auto cycle union fixture booklet. This interests me as i am researching an old racing driver who before turning to four wheels did a bit of trials bike riding befor the war around 1937 to 39. Inside the booklet are a number of clubs, my question is can anyone here remember these clubs or have in their possesion handed down club material which might list the club members? Maybe someone here knows a bike historian who has researched local Birmingham motorcycle and car clubs. Here is a list of clubs mentioned....Ace M.C., Birmingham M.C.C. (Greet), Wolseley Auto Club, SUNBAC, and the Levis Athletic. Thanks

Hi, i recently aquired an old 1935 Midland centre Auto cycle union fixture booklet. This interests me as i am researching an old racing driver who before turning to four wheels did a bit of trials bike riding befor the war around 1937 to 39. Inside the booklet are a number of clubs, my question is can anyone here remember these clubs or have in their possesion handed down club material which might list the club members? Maybe someone here knows a bike historian who has researched local Birmingham motorcycle and car clubs. Here is a list of clubs mentioned....Ace M.C., Birmingham M.C.C. (Greet), Wolseley Auto Club, SUNBAC, and the Levis Athletic. Thanks
SUNBAC.....Sutton and North Birmingham Automobile Club. There are bits of info about this club on the web. Best of luck.

What is the name of the racing driver you are researching?

Back