• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

1928 Wedding Edith and Horace Turville

Re: 1935/36 Wedding

This one is Enids aunty Alice, who for years lived in a little cottage next door to
the Coach and Horses Castle Bromwich, Enid was born in 1934,and she is pictured here in her Moms arms, The scuffy little lad at the front is Hoss, my
best mate and Enids brother, BernardView attachment 60855

Hi Bernard,

I just spotted this picture of Horace Turville's wedding. My great grandmother is Clara Turville, and I believe from my existing research on the Turville family that Horace's (b 1905) parents are Albert Turville (1874) and Blanche Bayliss. Clara and Albert were siblings, and their parents were Daniel and Emily. Is it ok to use this picture for my tree on ancestry?

Julie.

Hi All,

Horace Turville was a prolific letter writer to the Birmingham Mail until his death some years ago. Is this the same chap?

Old Boy.

Hi Bernard,

I just spotted this picture of Horace Turville's wedding. My great grandmother is Clara Turville, and I believe from my existing research on the Turville family that Horace's (b 1905) parents are Albert Turville (1874) and Blanche Bayliss. Clara and Albert were siblings, and their parents were Daniel and Emily. Is it ok to use this picture for my tree on ancestry?

Julie.
Hello, yes that fine, there is another you must have missed, with young Horace,
I remember Enid saying the only time she saw her Dad cry was when Blanche, his Mom was knocked down a bus in the "Blackout" and killed, Enids family were
more famous than mine, bye Bernard the second pic is Horace and Edith, with Hoss, as all called
him, lovely fella, I still miss him.

Last edited:
hello there I thought I had answered your question, but its gone!,It is indeed, the same man, in the
early 1950 s I was stationed in the Suez Canel Zone, my family used to send the Mercury every
week, Mr Turville was on the front page one week, he used to run a "Pen Friend Club" for people all
over the world, I wrote to him, his daughter picked out my letter and we became pen friends. we met when I came home on leave, when I saw her I thought WoW!! this one is not getting away, we were married at Castle Bromwich in 1954 and together until she passed away in 2008, her Dad
had died of lung cancer on Christmas Day 1975. Cheers Bernard

Hi Bernard,

Julie.
There was a large family of them, I can remember,Horace, Flos, BILL, George, Ivy, Dinky, Madge, Mona. I believe the Dad died quite young and as I said their Mom was was killed in the "Blackout".Bernardps. if you need any
more info on the family, will be happy to help out.

Last edited:
Re: 1935/36 Wedding

have still got this photo! will try and replace it, Bernard oh! dear, can anyone turn it round please, Bernard Mayday, Mayday!!

Attachments

• long service dinner515.jpg
    long service dinner515.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
right way round bernard...

lyn

long20service20dinner515.jpg

Thanks a lot, sometimes my brain goes dead!Enid was born in 1934, and her brother, Hoss who ia at the front, scuffy little lad,was born on December 1929, six monrts before me. Thanks again Bernard

have looking for a 1928 Wedding Photo of Enids Mom and Dad, did have it restored
once by Hump, Blong service dinner622.jpgcame up right away the old posting way!!

Last edited:
Back