• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

1923 Austin Seven Van (Thomas Startin Coach Builder)

restore

Brummie babby
Hi my first post, Does any one know if there is any build records 1923 from Thomas Startins coach builders, or any memories, pictures ect. of these vans, I believe it was the first year these vans where made.
My van as age related number so early history not known

In the 1921 directory they are listed as

Startin Thomas Jun, motor agent & body builder 71 Aston Road North & Holland Road, T N 14 East,

these are from about the same era

Attachments

• Cars or the 1920, or 1930,s      1.jpg
    Cars or the 1920, or 1930,s 1.jpg
    475.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Cars or the 1920, or 1930,s      2.jpg
    Cars or the 1920, or 1930,s 2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
  • Cars or the 1920, or 1930,s      3.jpg
    Cars or the 1920, or 1930,s 3.jpg
    580.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Cars or the 1920, or 1930,s      4.jpg
    Cars or the 1920, or 1930,s 4.jpg
    547 KB · Views: 27
Thanks horsencart, There is a picture on Startin web site of building and it is on a corner that must be Aston rd north and Holland Rd, will go and see if building still there

horsencart, I could not see your pictures to start with but have been able to see them this morning, . You may be interested to know my van was supplied without a speedo and still as not got one, and no indicators, windscreen wippers, shockabsorbers or stop lights so you can see why the firm in those adverts did so well, another firm was Brown Brothers.
Still working on my van but it is taxed and M.O.T and I will be at Pride of Longbridge on 14 April Crofton Park and Victoria Square (drive it day) on 22 April please come and say hello

David

great stuff, fixing the domain has fixed people's images I thought it might. Thanks for confirming

restore, ref your post 4, have just gone on Google Earth Street View and the building c/o Holland Rd W and Aston Road still looks like a car show room but is called El-Shaddai International Christain Centre (tthought I would save you a walk. Eric

Hi horsencart, when I tried to view i was asked to sign in although I was already signed in, I tried to sign in again but it will not let me so unable to view as yet. I can still see your first pictures.
David

Back