• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

1911 census look up

GEFF

Geff
Looking for Julia Steele born 1887 Birmingham. Married Athur Lynes 14th May 1910 in Ashted Birmingham. From then on I know nothing about them, where they lived or their offsprings if any. She was my mothers sister but her name was never mentioned in the family, what on earth could she have done to be excluded form her family? Geff

pjmburns

master brummie
There is a Julia and Arthur Lynes plus a son Frank Edward aged 5 months living at 69 Godwin Street Aston on the 1911 census. Arthur was aged 26 and was a Iron Plate Worker Bucket Mfry and Julia was aged 24 and listed as a Press Worker Bucket Mfry.

It might be worth an electoral roll look up to see if they were at the address for longer.

smtr

master brummie
Geff
Julia and Arthur are living at 69 Godwin Street, Bham in 1911. They have a son aged 5 months, Frank Edward Lynes.
Arthur born 1885 Bham is a Iron Plate Worker Bucket Mfy. Julia born 1887 Bham is a Press Worker Bucket Mfy.

Suzanne

smtr

master brummie
electoral rolls show Julia & Arthur at 2 London Terrace Willis Street Duddeston & Nechells ward in 1920, 1922, 1925. 1930 has just Julia listed. 1935 has Julia, Frank Edward & Margaret Grace Lynes, 1939 has Julia & Harry Lynes

Suzanne

pjmburns

master brummie
There is an Arthur Lynes who is an Iron Foundry worker listed in the army (Royal Warwicks regt) from 1902 to 1904 when he is discharged as permanently unfit (presumably for military life). It gives his address in 1902 as 39 Gibb Street and on discharge as 4 Alcester Street. It might be a different person but the age and occupation seem right.

GEFF

Geff
Looking for Julia Steele born 1887 Birmingham. Married Athur Lynes 14th May 1910 in Ashted Birmingham. From then on I know nothing about them, where they lived or their offsprings if any. She was my mothers sister but her name was never mentioned in the family, what on earth could she have done to be excluded form her family? Geff

Thankyou "pjmburns" and Suzanne for the 1911 census info. It appears to be correct. I now have relatives in Brum I never knew I had. A rough calculation puts Julia pregnant when they married. My late sister did once mention during the war that they lived in Erdington. Sorry to be a nuisance but where do I now look for them? I am new to this family research.

Geff