• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Clark (Clarke) William Dugdale Street

arley

knowlegable brummie
Hi all,
This is my first post so I hope I’m posting in the correct forum.
My family lived in Court1 House 3, Dugdale Street, Rotton Park. I can’t visualise what Court 1 House 3 means, can anyone explain? Thank you for reading.

Try here on the forum. Some great pics.

Maps explaining it can be found here

Thank you for the historical links. I understand the housing system now and the photos just bring it to life.

This is a 1950s map of Dugdale Street, the Courts aren't marked but if you can give me a family name and year they lived there I might be able to pinpoint the house.

Attachments

• dugdale-st.jpg
    dugdale-st.jpg
    745.4 KB · Views: 14
Wow, thank you. The family name was Clark - sometimes Clarke. My G, Grandfather was William Clark, wife Sarah Ann and many children. I know they lived in Dugdale Street in 1901 but had moved to 2 Violet Terrace , Heath Street by the 1911 census. Obviously, this is many moons ago but I am grateful for any old photos or stories neighbours may have. Also, would you have any idea of which cemetery would be the ‘catchment area’ for Heath Street?

Wow, thank you. The family name was Clark - sometimes Clarke. My G, Grandfather was William Clark, wife Sarah Ann and many children. I know they lived in Dugdale Street in 1901 but had moved to 2 Violet Terrace , Heath Street by the 1911 census. Obviously, this is many moons ago but I am grateful for any old photos or stories neighbours may have. Also, would you have any idea of which cemetery would be the ‘catchment area’ for Heath Street?
On the 1901 census Court 1 is listed between Nos. 14 & 16, map attached.

Attachments

• dugdale-st-ct1-house3.jpg
    dugdale-st-ct1-house3.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 6
They didn't move very far then, just around the corner.

Attachments

• heath-st-violet-terrace-no2.jpg
    heath-st-violet-terrace-no2.jpg
    725.7 KB · Views: 6
Hi again,

Would anyone know if Heath Street, Birmingham could be classed as North Birmingham in 1929? I’m trying to narrow down the options of my G-Grandfather's death before I purchase death certificates. Any advice would be appreciated.

Back