• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

1901 Census Details

MILLS

proper brummie kid
Hello all,
I'm trying to track down the 1901 Census details for Percival John Robert Alexander.
He was born in Cardiff, on 26 September, 1888. Parents Luke Ramshaw and Leah Alexander.
He joined the Royal Warwickshire Regiment in 1908, discharged same year and joined Worcestershire Regiment and discharged on 25 November, 1915.
1891 Census records him in Cardiff. 1911 Census shows him boarding in Balsall Heath at the home of his future wife. He marries in 1912 and then resides in Birmingham until his death in 1959.
In 1911 he appears to work on the trains out of Cardiff.
From 1891 until 1911 he seems to disappear. I know his parents work in Hospitals/Nursing.
If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

If Promenade is watching I would appreciate any information on Pte Percy Alexander, 8010, Worcestershire Regiment. I have seen the records on Findmypast but was wondering if you had anything further on your database?

Thank you all for any information on this man.

Regards,

David

pjmburns

master brummie
There is a Percival Alexander living in Sparkhill with parents John and Leah plus a sibling Ivor. Also 4 boarders. Address 58 Stoney Lane

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi we have a proper section for census look up requests so i am moving this thread from general discussion to the correct section of the forum where you may get more response

MILLS

proper brummie kid
Living in Yardley with parents and brother (and 4 boarders).
There is a Percival Alexander living in Sparkhill with parents John and Leah plus a sibling Ivor. Also 4 boarders. Address 58 Stoney Lane
Thank you both.
I did find this record but as father's name John, didn't match or his occupation I was sceptical. Still it is most probably the right one so thank you.

David

MWS

master brummie
I think you can be certain that it is, everything else matches.

The census taker seems to have a bit of nightmare with Luke's details. Maybe trouble with the accent.

MILLS

proper brummie kid
I think you can be certain that it is, everything else matches.

The census taker seems to have a bit of nightmare with Luke's details. Maybe trouble with the accent.
Yes on reviewing all the details I have found I agree. Thank you.
Regards,
David