• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

1940's

1. Laurajadeb

Help finding The White Lion pub

Hello! I’m doing so family history searches and I’m trying to find the location of a particular White Lion pub in Birmingham. It may not exist anymore but would love to know what it might be now, my great grandma used to manage The White Lion pub in the 1940s. She also managed The White Swan on...
  2. J

Ermington Crescent 1940s-1950s

Hello! My grandad lived at 87 Ermington Crescent from 1941 until the 1960s. His name is John Miles - his dad was Fred, his mom Ethel, he has a brother called Alan and a sister called Maggie/Margaret. John married Maureen Walker. Did anyone live on Ermington Crescent at this time or remember them?
  3. B

Wilfred Albert Bedson

According to my husband his grandfather was something of a hero. He was a Birmingham tram driver who saved someones life (lying across the tram track) and was subsequently awarded a set of three leather bound works of Shakespeare by the then mayor of Birmingham. These books were originally...
  4. S

TB Sanatorium 1940's

Hi, does anyone know of an old TB sanitorium that may have been in the Sheldon area during WW2. My mother was in such a place at that time but I cannot remember where it was, she may have been in a hospital in Sheldon - or I may have it totally wrong and her friend was a Nurse Sheldon...
  5. T

13 Bartons Bank, Aston 1940's

Anyone live on Bartons Bank, Aston, Birmingham during 1940-1960's ? Please get in touch. Did you go to Upper Thomas Street School, aged around 75-80 ?? Who are you? see if my Mom remembers you or you remember her or her brothers? Did you know anyone else ? Betty Roberts ? The cartwright's ...
Back