• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. J

Oldbury Carriage Works

My great grandfather worked at the Oldbury Carriage Works from at least 1911 onwards. He lived close by in Century Road. I believe his sons worked there as well and were probably still working there during WW1 when they were making tanks. Does anyone know where I can research this - are there...
  2. J

Coleshill St and Gt Lister St

My great grandmother lived in Coleshill Street (No 79) and also various addresses in Great Lister Street (No's 9, 37 and 39) in the early 1900's. I would love to get hold of some old photo's of these streets at about this time. I would also like to find out whereabouts these addresses might be...
  3. J

Firefighters Medal

After my grandfather Alfred THACKER (incredibly one of 22 children) died in the late 60's my mother gave me his medal which he had apparently got as a fireman in Brum during WWII. The medal has a purple ribbon and is embossed with the insignia of the National Fire Brigade Union. The reverse is...
Back