• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. T

Cranby Street Saltley

My grandmother, Elizabeth Rawlings, lived at 61 Granby Street with her two daughters, Maud and Lizzie, from the 1930s until the early ‘50s when my grandmother died. Trevor Rawlings
  2. T

Golden Hillock Road School

Was your father in charge of the Lifeboys; I remember the leader before we went up to the Boys Brigade. The teachers I remember were Miss Pargeter; Mr Frankish Mr Barnett; Miss Venables; the Head, Miss Burwood. When I left I went to Moseley Grammar School. Best wishes Trevor Rawlings
  3. T

The Boys Brigade

Do you remember Peter Maskell, Malcolm Rose, Graham Foyle, Neil Devey? I remember you
  4. T

Saltley & Alum Rock

I mistyped the date; they were there until the early 1950s.
  5. T

Saltley & Alum Rock

Cranby Street My father and his family lived at 61 Cranby Street and his motherand sisters still lived there into the 1970s; the family name was Rawlings
  6. T

Toy car shop Walford Rd Sparkbrook

I remember the shop. It was next door to a wines and spirits shop on the left as you went down Walford Road from Stratford Road and before you came to the Embassy Roller Skating Rink. Afraid i mcan't remember the name of the shop. There was also a snooker hall a couple of doors away from it. I...
  7. T

Saltley & Alum Rock

My father and his family lived at 61 Cranby Street and his motherand sisters still lived there into the 1970s; the family name was Rawlings
  8. T

Hardware Shops

The best one i ever came across was Suffields on Stratford Road in Shirley.
  9. T

Moseley Grammar Secondary School

I went to Moseley Grammar School between 1958 and 1965 and am a member of the 'Moseleians'. I now live in Manchester and think it unlikley I can get to the reunion.
  10. T

Sparkhill - Fulham Road

According to the A-Z Leamington Road is still there; is that not right?
  11. T

B.C.T. MOF 9 bus for sale

My father had a black Morris Minor at the time, registration number MOF 290.
  12. T

Bull Ring Car Park

I also remember the system; an attendant took your keys and took your car away in a lift. On the occasion I used it with a friend when he got his car back a pair of (then) expensive polaroid sunglasses were missing from the car.
  13. T

The Boys Brigade

I was in the 24th BB Company based at Sparkhill methodist Church and before that i was in the Lifeboys. While i was in the BB the Captrain was Frank Allbut during the 1960s.
  14. T

Erdington

Does anyone have any memories of Downside Road, off Wheelwright Road; my grandfather lived at 39 up until the early sixties.
  15. T

GAZEY Family, 36 Lawden road in 1906?

My brother-in-law is Eldred Roy gazey who spent his early life in Formans Road, Sparkhill; his father was called Eldred also and his mother, Roma; we'd like to hear of any connections you know about to this part of his family.
  16. T

Bordesley green

I remember going to the Ritz to qwatch the baseball on a number of occasions in the sixties; at the time i had a friend called Geoffrey Ashby who lived in Pretoria Road.
  17. T

Loxton Street School

My father also went to Loxton Street School; he was born in 1909 so would havebeen there sometime in the '20s.
  18. T

Small Heath books and photographs

I lived at 53 Osborn Road on the corner of Holder Road; lived there until 1965. Where were you?
  19. T

Off licences Sparkbrook

I lived on Osborn Road upto 1965 and I used to go to that off-licence with my friend who lived on Walford Road to get beer for his father in a jug; it was an Ansell's house and was run by two sisters but I do not know their names.
  20. T

Golden Hillock Road School

I was a pupil at Golden Hillock Primary School from about 1951/2 until 1958. The headmistress was Miss Burwood who had been there for years. My other teachers included Miss Joshua, Miss Pargeter, Mrs Bayliss, Mr Barnett; there was also a Miss Tomlinson who has spent a year in Australia; when she...
Back