• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. C

Sutton Coldfield Maney Cricket Club

Does anyone know if there are any pictures of Sutton Coldfield Cricket Club around 1900-1904. My ancestors ‘The Harrison and Turner family’ were Chairman of the Club and the Headquarters for the Club was the Duke Inn which the family ran for many years Sarah Matilda Harrison opened the new...
  2. C

Uplands cemetery smethwick help

Hi Derek, ah that’s such a shame but I really do appreciate your message and the information Many thanks Chris
  3. C

I managed to locate the area on google maps but can’t see the stones in enough detail sadly but thank you - it was worth a try Many thanks Chris
  4. C

Thank you Rosie. I will have a look on google maps. Thank you for the suggestion Many thanks Chris
  5. C

Birmingham St Marks District Church

Thank you so much- what a great photograph. Very much appreciated Chris
  6. C

I have been searching for the burial of my ancestors for sometime and have just found them in Uplands Cemetery Edward and Emma Evans buried with their daughter Viola. I have paid for a map but sadly don’t live in the area so it would be a very long journey for me. I was wondering if anyone is...
  7. C

Birmingham St Marks District Church

I would really appreciate any information about where St Marks District of Birmingham was? I see there have been numerous St Marks Churches across Birmingham and was wondering where in Birmingham this was? I’d love to find a photograph or illustration Many thanks Chris
  8. C

Harrison Jewellers in Birmingham and Handsworth

Hi there, I'm researching the Harrison family from sutton Coldfield and have a William Harrison o Born: 21st October 1875, Birmingham, Warwickshire, England. o Baptised: 13th October 1879, St Paul’s Church, Birmingham. o Married: 29th August 1900 to Mabel Williams o Occupation...
  9. C

Charlotte Street

Hi everyone.... I'm researching my Harrison ancestors who lived at 15, Charlotte Street during 1880 period working as engravers of Gold and Silver. I have them in the census and recorded there during all the children's baptisms but I was wondering if any old images exist of Charlotte Street...
  10. C

Nail Making

Hi There, My ancestors the Troth family were nail makers in Sidemoor, Bromsgrove for many generations
  11. C

Sutton Coldfield Cemetery, Rectory Road. (Burial search)

Many thanks for your email and the link to the searchable database. Sadly, it appears that my relatives were buried elsewhere. I'm uncertain which other cemetarys are near Sutton Coldfield... Any information would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards Chris
  12. C

Sutton Coldfield Cemetery, Rectory Road. (Burial search)

Hi everyone, I believe my ancestors were buried at Sutton Coldfield Cemetry (Next to Good Hope Hopital) but i've searched online to see if i can find anymore details and i'm struggling to find anything much about the cemetery or their burial records. John Bailey Harrison died 02.03/1906 and...
  13. C

Dog and Duck Pub, Charles King Street, Birmingham. 1888

HI there, I was wondering if there are any old photo's existing of Charles King Street? My relative 'John Elijah Kember' ran the 'Dog and Duck Beerhouse' there in 1888. I see from google maps that the original properties have all dissapeared Kind regards Chris
  14. C

Military Uniform Portrait - Possibly East Lancs

†hank you so much for your nessages and information. You mentioned the Lancashire Regiemnt. The only relative who I can think it could be was called John Elijah Kember and I have him recorded as ‘Colour Sergeant Kember JE’ of the Oxford 43rd Light Infantry. He was originally from Birmingham...
  15. C

Hi there, thank you so much for your messages. Really helpful and much appreciated. The only relative I can think it might be was called: Samuel Hemming 1796-1877. I know that he enlisted with 'His Majesty's First Regiment of Life-Guards' on 02/01/1822. He was then discharged 13/02/1827 due...
  16. C

Hi there, I have this old photograph which I know is of a relative but I have no information. If anyone can help identify the unusual uniform and perhaps the era this might help Kind regards Chris
  17. C

Belmont Row Wesleyan Chapel

Hi Phill, Thats Amazing :) Thank you so much :) Really great to see where they were married. What a shame the buildings were demolished Thanks for your help, Very much appreciated. Kind regards Chris
  18. C

Belmont Row Wesleyan Chapel

Hi, just spotted your post about Belmont Row Chapel. My ancestors were married there in 1890, does anyone know if there is a picture of the chapel in existance? kind regards chris
  19. C

Hunters Road/Farm Street

Hi Lyn, Thats Brilliant. I thoght it might be long gone. I've managed to get a photograph of the Dukes Inn on Dukes Street, Sutton Coldfield. However i cant find one of The Queens Head pub, Only on gogle maps (street view) Kind regards Chris
  20. C

Hunters Road/Farm Street

My ancestors 'John Bailey Harrison' and his wife Sarah Matilda Harrison (nee Kember) ran the Queens Arms pub (might have been Queens Head). They are recorded there in the 1891 census. They went on to run the 'Dukes Inn' on Duke Street, Sutton Coldfield.
Back