• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. T

Moseley school of art

Dave and John, I'm on the bit that's missing, Iv'e been to several reunions at The Bull. Great school some of the happiest years of my life. Pete B.
  2. T

Old Bromford Lane

David, It could possibly be The Old Bromford Lane where Facchino's Biscuit Factory would have been built later, this is off Bromford Lane opposite St. Margarets Road. Thornhill
  3. T

Bayliss's Metal Works

My parents worked for a company called Bayliss's in the early 1930's before they were married, Mom worked as a chromium plater, She lived in Hockley. Dad lived in Aston so I would imagine the Bayliss's they were employed by was local to where they lived.
  4. T

Tyburn Road Bus Works

The field in the photograph with the large "X" across it looks as though it could be what was to become the Dunlop sports ground, but I am not absolutely sure.
  5. T

Where is This/ #198

It looks like it could be Rollason Wire Works in Bromford Lane Erdington
  6. T

W M Taylors of Erdington

The name of the building opposite Rookery Park on Kingsbury Rd where there were many aged men being cared for was called "Glenthorn". My pal from Birches Green School lived in the house which was near the entrance.
  7. T

Where is This #194?

My guess would be the entrance to Rookery Park on the corner of Kingsbury Road, and Spring Lane, Erdington. Thornhill
  8. T

Jollys Radio

I bought a transistor radio from Jolly's on Tyburn Road when "trannies" first came out in about 1959, I paid for it on the "Never- Never" it cost me £16 which was about 3 weeks wages for me !
  9. T

Joe Brown

I was there, it was a tribute concert to the great Eddie Cochrane who had got killed in a car crash in England earlier in the year.
  10. T

Birmingham Schools Football History / & photos

My brother played for Bordesley Green Tech at Villa Park in the Villa Cup Final in 1952 against Hartfield Crescent, Bordesley Tech won 3-2 and my brother scored 2 of the goals, I was so proud of him.
  11. T

My Favourite Musical

I have always liked the music of the film "Pal Joey" and the lovely songs "I Could Write a Book", "Bewitched Bothered and Bewildered", "I Didn't Know What Time It Was", "There's a Small Hotel", "My Funny Valentine", " The Lady Is a Tramp", and the super cast of Frank Sinatra, Rita...
  12. T

Moor End Lane School

This is Birches Green Junior School about 1950, not Moor End Lane. Front row: Hazel Hughes. ?, ? Maud Randall, - Higgins, Margaret Foster, Margaret Griffiths, ?, ?, ?, 2nd row: Eric Bull, Sidney Fisher, ?, Jean Clements, Maureen Carter, Ann Barton, Freda Wells, ?, ?, ?, 3rd row: Teacher...
  13. T

Alum Rock Road Shops

It was Winston Foster
Back