• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. S

If they lived in Edgbaston where would they be buried?

Hi all I'm trying to track down the burial place of some of my family, so far I'm doing quite well having found a couple at Key Hill and a couple at Handsworth. I've also emailed Witton and Yardley where I believe a couple more might be but I'm not sure where to look for my ggg grandparents...
  2. S

Back to The Blitz: The startling images that merge WWII bombings with modern images

Did any of you see this in today's daily mail? They've created montages which blend vintage black and white shots of the carnage of 1940 with colour images of the same locations today George St and Newton St are included in the pictures...
  3. S

The Old Engine, Park Road, Hockley

Hi all My dad wants to know if anyone can remember this pub, which was the local for the family when he was growing up (1950s - 1970s). Attached is a picture of his grandparents, Sarah and George Farley (not sure who the lady in between them is) inside the pub. Sarah
  4. S

Rookery Road School (william Murdoch School)

We found this picture of my dad (Michael Sydenham) at Rookery Road, we think in about 1958/9 when he was 15. People he can remember from the picture are: Mr Wickstead, Billy Leak, Robin weeway, ??? Hall. Does anyone else have any memories of Rookery road at this time?
  5. S

Raddlebarn Male Voice Choir 1933

Hi I have this picture of the Raddlebarn MVC with the Barrow Cadbury Shield in 1933. I know that my grandfather (Roy Knowles) was in the choir (I believe in the middle of the middle row) but I wondered if anyone knew any more about it? Thanks Sarah
  6. S

Kimberley - Live Bait Dealer, 1 Key Hill

Hi all I know my great great grandparents had a Live Bait shop for about 10 years, up until about 1905 I believe, at 1 (or 1a) Key Hill. It was registered under Thomas Kimberley but it seems as though his wife Mary Ann worked in the shop. I have found listings, but I'm wondering where to look...
Back