• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. I

Help wanted please.

There is still a church on the Long Acre hill down to Cuckoo Road. I think it is Presbyterian. I used to be in the 72nd cubs there.
  2. I

Nechells Park Road

Hi, Cookie! Bullivants was great shop indeed! So good that it only closed in recent years. As far as I know it hasn't been pulled down.
  3. I

Nechells Park Road

Hi, Astoness! There is a photo of Bullivants in circulation but I can't say where to look for it.
  4. I

Barker and Allen

I worked at the Dudley Road site for two years. Safety was very low on the agenda. For instance, all of the machinery was driven by a huge fly-wheel that was fixed in a pit on the canal wall. When the fly-wheel was be switched off, it took ten-fifteen minutes to stop. Best of luck to anyone who...
  5. I

Barker and Allen

Hi, Astonian! I saw on another post that you worked at Wild's. Do you remember me? I was in the machine shop.
Back