• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. T

COLLIS Radio & TV

Best wishes to you and yours.
  2. T

COLLIS Radio & TV

Hi, are you Steve? Was your motorbike an Arial Leader? I remember Frank. His car was a Humber Scepter. Do your remember those 'two bob'washers we tested the slot meters with. Well, Frank was at a Car Wash facility one Saturday morning. He put a two bob washer in the coin slot and started washing...
  3. T

COLLIS Radio & TV

Lye, yes, vaguely. During the time I worked at Walsall, I was sent to help out at other workshops for a few days here and there when they were snowed under. . Spent a few days a couple of times at Stoke on Trent and I seem to remember working at Lye for a few days... maybe a week. Was the...
  4. T

COLLIS Radio & TV

I remember Ron Mosely. He worked as a field engineer at Wednesfield during the years I worked there. Ron used to do a bit of casual bus driving in his spare time (sometimes during work time too, it was suspected). Ron used to organise bus transport for us to some Collis's dinner-dances.
  5. T

COLLIS Radio & TV

I went to most of the Christmas Dinner-Dances between 1965 and 1971. Tower ballroom was probably one of them. There were also one or two big dinner -dances at other venues throughout the year. I remember one at the La Reserve. I lived in Wolverhampton in those days: the firm organised buses...
  6. T

COLLIS Radio & TV

I began working for Collis Radio in 1964 as a fourteen year old school kid. I had a part time job at Wednesfield Service Depot and was paid 'ten bob' for working Saturday mornings. Arthur Morey was the service manager at Wednesfield and Jeff Proffit was in charge of the stores depot next door...
Back