• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. L

kate boyle nee boyd

Hi found Kate Boyle she married John Sadler 1875 but not sure if mother is honor ann boyd from ireland any help would be fab
  2. L

Florence Calwell born 1894

Hi looking for Florence Calwell b 1894 ish she married Arthur Bradley they had 2 sons Arthur e Bradley and Raymond Bradley looking where they lived in smithwick or around ladywood area thanks for any help:)
  3. L

Spalding Jackie 2001 death ?

Hi pls can anyone help i'm trying to find a death which is recent in 2001 for a jackie spalding the only one i can find near the name is janette spalding. I know that she lived near cape hill but not sure if birmingham side or sandwell but she was cremated on newton rd west bromwich. i'm prob...
  4. L

de Finis Benito

Hi please can anyone help me looking into family tree a new name has come up a marriage between a Clara M Baker & Benito De Finis sept 1954 9c 1601 wondered if anyone will be able to find anything else. Many Thanks if anyone can help :) Hoping with an unusual name might be a little easier...
  5. L

35 milcote road weoley castle

Hi please can anyone help me. My husbands grandmother Henrietta Baker lived here till her death 2007 i think and her partner lived there till he died i think last year, i am trying to find out if there are any electrol rolls to show how long they lived there? and if anyone else came up on the...
  6. L

cotterills of six ways birmingham help needed

Hi I know it's a long shot wondered if anyone would be able to see if there are any cotterill family around six ways, think around poplar road on boarder of cape hill, smethwick and winson green. Mom said that they used to go to six ways to see family and they lived six ways name of cotterill...
  7. L

morris ada ann

Hi please can anyone help find a death for a ada ann morris born jun Q 1907 kings norton 6c 529 can't seem to find a death if any one can help that would be great. She had a daughter 1928 so her death was after this date. thanks:) liz
  8. L

alexander joseph william born 1893 doncaster

Hi Please can you help me find Joseph William Alexander born in doncaster after 1911 i have found him at 37 holmes cottages doncaster but i know that he came to birmingham aston as he married jessie beatrice Yardley she was born 1893 6d 193 they married in Sept 1914 6d 1087. I wondered if you...
  9. L

Wadlow william edward1897-1904 died 7 yrs old

I've just come across a child that died in the family aged 7yrs old in 1904 is there any way that someone could see if they have any access to any info papers obits ect or where to find any info other than having to pay for death cert any help would be great thanks:) liz
  10. L

Alexander elizabeth & Emma

in 1901 there were Elizabeth Alexander aged 1 yrs born 1890 and her sister emma alexander aged 3 born 1888 they were living with a Edward Wadlow, Margaret Wadlow , emma wadlow, sarah wadlow,william wadlow, henry wadlow, elizabeth wadlow,Margaret Alexander (who i think is their mother) nee wadlow...
  11. L

francis alfred e

Hi wondered if someone can see if they can find any info on Alfred E Francis born 24 feb 1911 i think in doncaster I've had trouble finding him as part of a family but i've just found a marriage to a Constance Yardley in birmingham in sept 1934 6d 1347 they had children john francis 2q 1935...
  12. L

Baker thomas henry

I have some info on thomas henry baker he lived in birmingham he married a clara fox 1918 they had a son thomas henry baker born 1924. thomas henry baker senior lived 1930-1945 at kendleston rd hall green when he died in 1945 in birmingham 6d 588 aged 46 i've been trying to find him in the...
  13. L

g g grandfather in navy how to find any info?

Hi got my gg grandmother marriage cert and on it it has her father George Richard Francis? or could be frederick richard Francis ?I think he was born around 1860's his occupation was navy any help would be great thanks liz :)
  14. L

Alexander Margaret Matilda ( Neee : Wadlow ) also known as surname Francis?

Right where to start ?I'm trying to find the where abouts of a lady Margaret Matilda nee: Wadlow trying to piece together where she lived and when. I'll try and give as much info that i know Margaret Matilda Wadlow born 1870 father Edward charles wadlow mother margaret jones i thinkshe was born...
  15. L

wadlow margaret matilda Born: 1870 in Aston

Hi I,m trying to find A Margaret Matilda Wadlow born in Aston 1870. The only other info she had a son born in leek 1903 but she isn't showing on the census .Her husband at the time was a george richard francis.
  16. L

william cox 1897 onwards

Please can anyone see if theres a william cox in shopkeeper in regent st i think its in smethwick around 1897 if there isn't please can you see if he is at 38 coventry road warwickshire. If there is a family at 38 coventry rd he might be with his son also a william cox and eliza cox would you be...
  17. L

francis George frederick B :1903 Leek

Sorry to ask again but I have another lead hoping for a break through with this family (doing my head in:crying2:) just found the death of George frederick francis 1933 aged 29 6d 778 there is a birth for George Frederick Francis 1903 in Leek. I've got everything crossed that the birth is the...
  18. L

Francis alfred eward born 1892

Please can anyone help looking for Alfred Edward Francis born 1892 still looking for him, got him on the electrol roll in 1920's but still can't find family before that they lived at sheep street in the 1920. Think other members of the family edith , george frederick, George richard I thinks is...
  19. L

Anyone going to yardley cem?

Could I ask for a really big favour. I wondered if anyone is going to Yardley cem. I have found that George Richard Francis was buried in 1926 aged 64 the grave no is 28219 section common E. Not sure if there will be a headstone or not. :) If anyone could help I would be so grateful :) Thanks Liz
  20. L

william cox fishmonger

wondered if anyone could find any info on a william cox he was ment to be a fishmonger around late 1868 1870's. He then changed occupation to coal dealer / merchant around the ladywood / rotten park area I think late 1870's - 1890 or 1900. :) thanks
Back